Ynext Incubator Boot Camp 3: Event Recap
During boot camp 2, we focused on design and sales, product demos and hack sessions during tech day, as well as evening networking events at 25 Lusk and Lucky Strike.
In preparation for demo day on May 27th, the theme for boot camp 3 was pitching, business development, more pitching and recruiting. Below is a list of roundtable experts, presentation topics and panel speakers:
- B2B Roundtable: Chris Bowman, Yodlee and Patrick Giamanco, Yodlee
- B2C Roundtable: Christian Loredo, Microsoft and Matt Murphy, Renren
- Pitching From A Deck Panel: Jason Henrichs, The Kinetic Group; Philip Korn, Square 1 Bank; Mike Sigal, Cashflower
- Creating Your Elevator Pitch Panel: Donna Griffit, Invisu.me; Scott Henderson, The Mackenzie Group; Vishal Kapoor, Three Legged Stool; Joy Schoffler, Leverage PR
- Security & APIs Speaker: Jason Kobus, Silicon Valley Bank
- Pitch Coaches: Deirdre Davi, Sterling Brands; Marion Smith, Brocade; Wynne Ahern Kokka, CommStrat
- Recruiting and Culture Presentation: Alessandra Lanza, Connery Consulting
- Strategic Partnerships Presentation: Trevor Cox, Eisbach Group
According to Adrian Alvarez, Co-Founder and COO at Accredify, “The Ynext Incubator Boot Camp 3 was awesome with regard to refining our pitches. Practicing it multiple times in front of great mentors and teams, and getting really useful advice and feedback got us leaps and bounds closer to our final, refined pitch for demo day.”
On the last day of boot camp, we hosted product demos and hack sessions for tech teams. This included one-on-one sessions with Yodlee engineers who provided guidance to help companies with technical questions.
In addition to pitch practices, speaker presentations, expert coaching and hack sessions, we enjoyed an amazing team dinner and networking event at Alexander’s Steakhouse in San Francisco. We also invited Elixir-to-go, an innovative cocktail and food caterer, to host a dinner party at Naked Kitchen. What a great reward for all the team’s hard work in preparation for demo day!
Throughout boot camp, we saw lots of buzz from incubator companies and speakers about their experience on Twitter. Below are select tweets and photos.
For more photos of speakers and incubator companies, view our Facebook album. Connect with us @YnextIncubator on Twitter with the hashtag #YNEXTIncubator for live updates!
Lastly, we’re happy to announce a new data and incubator partnership with Fintech Sandbox, a non-profit focused on Fintech innovation that provides free access to financial data and infrastructure to up-and-coming startups. Learn more about our partnership here.