TRUSTe online privacy certification, TRUSTe European Safe Harbor certification
Yodlee is committed to safeguarding your privacy.
Last Updated: 12/27/2012
Financial institutions trust Yodlee to power online banking applications that increase profitability and drive more value from the online channel. Yodlee’s personal financial management, payments, and customer acquisition solutions deliver a simple, centralized and secure means for consumers to manage all of their financial tasks – any time, anywhere. Yodlee makes financial institutions’ sites essential to their customers and generates new revenue opportunities. More than 200 financial institutions and portals today offer Yodlee-powered solutions to millions of customers worldwide.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What categories of Personal Information does the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service collect?
- In order to use the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service, Yodlee requires you to create a Yodlee MoneyCenter username and password. During registration you are required to give contact information such as name, address and email address. Specifically, Yodlee collects the following categories of personal information about you through the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service:
A. Registration Information: When you register for the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service, you will be asked for basic registration information, such as a Yodlee MoneyCenter username and password which you choose, name, address, demographic information (such as age, income) and an e-mail address for Yodlee Customer Service. Additional information may be required to utilize value-added features of the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service, such as Auto-Registration and Password Reset, or to access specific third party Internet services using the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service. This information may include your passwords and user names for the third party web sites and Internet services. We will use this information for providing the services you requested and accessing the web sites you select on your behalf, so that we can present the requested information to you but such information is not required to register for the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service.
B. Information on Your Use of the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service: As with most online businesses, Yodlee MoneyCenter logs information about your access and use of the Yodlee MoneyCenter web site, including (i) your transactions conducted on the Yodlee MoneyCenter web site, including through the use of Internet cookies (discussed below), (ii) the IP addresses from which you came to the site, and (iii) your communications with the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service and web site.
C. Information From Third Party Web Sites: In order to display information to you through the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service, the Service must collect, on your behalf, your account and other personal information from third party web sites and Internet services that you register on the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service. For example, if you register your credit card account through the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service, the Service will collect the transactional and payment information regarding your credit card account to display it to you on the Yodlee MoneyCenter web site.
E. Information From Security, Fraud and Risk Service providers: Yodlee may arrange for one or more service providers to provide background information on you if you are performing financial transactions on the Yodlee MoneyCenter web site. Such providers may include federal authorities and watch list providers (e.g., OFAC) and also may include third party audit services that will protect Yodlee and you from account takeovers, phishing and other schemes designed to fraudulently use your account.
- What categories of my Personal Information gathered through the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service does the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service disclose?
- Your personal information will not be sold, shared, rented or traded with any affiliated or unaffiliated third parties, except (i) to provide you with the Yodlee MoneyCenter Services, (ii) pursuant to joint marketing arrangements described below, or (iii) as required or permitted by law. For example, in order to provide you with the Yodlee MoneyCenter Services, Yodlee MoneyCenter may disclose your username and passwords to third party web sites, such as web sites operated by a credit card company or a bank, in order to obtain the information that you requested be aggregated and displayed through the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service. When you register for the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service, you are deemed to authorize disclosures by Yodlee to provide the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service. Yodlee may disclose registration information and information on your use of the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service (excluding information regarding transactions on your aggregated accounts) to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, or to other financial institutions with whom Yodlee offers you products and services pursuant to joint marketing agreements. For example, Yodlee may share your personal information with a nonaffiliated third party to offer you a new service on the Yodlee MoneyCenter web site that is provided jointly by Yodlee and an unaffiliated company. Yodlee reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Yodlee. Yodlee does present an opt-out option during registration for users who do not wish to share their information for joint marketing purposes as described in the prior paragraph. The user may change the opt-out choice at any time by going to the Options page in Yodlee PersonalFinance menu and selecting Edit Personal Profile. Yodlee reserves the right to share aggregated information with third parties in which case personal information about you will never be disclosed.
- Will I be contacted if I register for the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service?
- Yodlee will occasionally contact users by electronic mail to send information or inform them of new features, or to request participation in market surveys. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option to not receive these types of communications through an opt-out option when signing up for the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service. This choice can be changed at any time by going to the Options page in the Yodlee PersonalFinance menu and selecting Edit Personal Profile. However, in order to ensure the quality of the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service, Yodlee will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. These include a “Welcome Notice” to confirm new membership, “notifications” of password changes or “account lockouts” and other “customer satisfaction” and “customer service” issues. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
- How is my Personal Information protected and secured?
- At Yodlee, our number one focus is customer trust. The security of your personal information is important to us. We understand the need for our customer’s personal data to be completely secure and private, and we have designed and deployed (as a part of the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service) a state-of-the-art system to protect our customer’s personal information. Yodlee maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your personal information held by Yodlee relative to the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service. When you enter personally identifiable information on our registration page, we encrypt that information using at least 128-bit secure socket layer technology (SSL). The Yodlee MoneyCenter database is physically protected at a secure, third party site and is monitored by security personnel twenty-four hours a day. Only authorized personnel can access the data center, and they must submit to multiple forms of identification including biometric authentication.
- What if I need to change the Personal Information I previously disclosed?
- The Yodlee MoneyCenter Service site includes a user profile update form for reviewing or updating personal information provided. If your personally identifiable information provided to Yodlee changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct or delete it by logging into MoneyCenter and selecting the appropriate choice on the Option page in the Yodlee PersonalFinance menu. If you are unable to change this information through the user profile form provided, you can use our Submit Service Request Feature to request the change. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days.On the Option page in the Yodlee PersonalFinance menu you may also review and update personal information needed for accessing other sites. We do not currently provide an interface for changing access information (such as passwords) for third party sites via the Yodlee MoneyCenter site. In addition, you cannot update or change personal information that is retrieved by the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service from third party web sites and Internet services for display on the Yodlee MoneyCenter web site. To change this access information and other personal information from third party web sites, you will need to follow the procedures set forth by the third party web sites themselves.
- Who can I contact if I have any questions regarding my privacy?
- You can contact Yodlee for any questions or suggestions you have at Yodlee Customer Care. For more information regarding privacy you can visit the following sites:
TRUSTe provides Web site certification programs.
- How long does Yodlee retain my personal information?
- In connection with your use of the MoneyCenter service, Yodlee will collect and retain your personal information, both the information you provide directly and the information we obtain from Third Party sites, for as long as you are an active user of Yodlee MoneyCenter. Should you decide to cancel the MoneyCenter service, we will discontinue the collection of information from Third Party sites on your behalf. We reserve the right to retain the information collected up to the date of your cancellation of the MoneyCenter service. This data will always be maintained under the same security and privacy controls that are in place for active MoneyCenter service users.
- How is Personal Information on former users of the Yodlee MoneyCenter Service treated?
- Yodlee Forum
- If you use the Yodlee Forum, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of the forum and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Yodlee Careers Section
- When you apply for a job on Yodlee.com you are asked for certain personal information such as your name, email address and phone number. We use this information to contact you regarding the job in which you have expressed interest. You are given the opportunity to submit a resume to the site to apply for a job, that resume is only viewable by authorized Yodlee employee’s in order to contact you regarding the job for which you have applied. We do not share any of the personal information that you provide within the application with any third party for their promotional purposes.
- TRUSTe Privacy Program and EU Safe Harbor