What's better than being one of the more than 400 industry professionals attending the very first FinDEVr conference this week? Being one of the four companies to walk away with one of the very first FinDEVr awards, that's what! Our team at Yodlee Interactive is thrilled to win Best of Show at FinDEVr conference, the first event for Fintech developers. As mentioned in the Finovate blog, four companies were selected as favorites by attendees on Day 1 of FinDEVr San Francisco 2014. Congratulations to the other winners: Avoka, BehavioSec, Paypal & Braintree! Attendees were challenged to choose between entertaining and informative presentations, exciting new technologies, and fascinating innovations that push the envelope of what is possible when commerce and science, technology and finance come together. We had an amazing two days at FinDEVr and below are some highlights. Day One: September 30th Presentation, Treasure Hunt and Afterparty
- Presentation: We kicked off the first day with a keynote presentation by Joe Polverari, General Manager and Cheung Tam, Director of API Product Management. This presentation, focused on demystifying the Yodlee Data, covered use cases and killer solutions built with our APIs. In addition, we announced our new Merchant Geo Location Transaction Data, enabling developers to innovate and personalize consumer products in new ways.
- Treasure Hunt: After a full day of presentations by innovative companies such as Financial Apps, Xero and Visa, we embarked on a treasure hunt around San Francisco’s exciting and historical SoMa neighborhood. Working in teams of 2 to 4 people, FinDEVr participants solved a series of clever clues in secret locations. We had a fantastic time and were excited to offer more than $5,000 in prizes for the lucky winners.
- Afterparty: Next, we celebrated with VIP customers and partners at Alchemist Bar & Lounge in San Francisco. We loved engaging in lively discussions over light appetizers and specialty drinks – including our signature Commerce Fuel. During the afterparty, we announced the treasure hunt winners who received prizes ranging from an awesome skateboard from Black Diamond Sports to mini jamboxes from Jawbone.
Day Two: October 1st Workshop Sessions and Code Review
- Workshops: On the 2nd day of FinDEVr, we hosted three workshop sessions on How to Build an App with Financial Data, Supercharge your Apps with Wealth Data from Yodlee & Xignite and Yodlee’s Instant Account Verification API for Managing Risk and Fraud. These workshops featured experts from Yodlee and partners from Xignite, Kabbage, Personal Capital and PowerWallet, etc.
- Code Review: Lastly, we brought the Yodlee Pro Services team in to kick back with developers and review code, answer questions, and hack through any challenges. It was an interactive 3-hour session that helped developers optimize their software design and data modeling to get the most from our financial data.
How was your experience at FinDEVr? Which sessions and speakers did you find the most helpful? Feel free to view our Facebook photos and connect @YIDeveloper #FinDEVr on Twitter to see the live coverage. We had a fabulous time at this year’s conference and hope to see you at FinDEVr 2015 in New York! Thanks to Finovate for planning an awesome conference for the builders of financial and banking technology. Also, many thanks to everyone who participated in our sessions, treasure hunt, afterparty and code review! If you have any feedback for our team, please submit your comments below.