On May 13th after FinovateSpring, we hosted Yodlee® Innovation Nation, our inaugural customer summit focused on the significant innovations going on in fintech and how to capitalize on it. We kicked off Yodlee Innovation Nation with a lavish welcome reception at Levi’s Stadium, the home of Super Bowl 50. Over 140 customers, guests and Yodlee experts attended the event – ranging from entrepreneurs and developers at fintech startups to executives at large financial institutions. For the next day, we planned an action-packed agenda with notable speakers, a customer panel, breakout sessions and a cocktail reception at the Hilton. Below are key speakers and highlights from presentations:
- Anil Arora, CEO of Yodlee welcomed everyone with an inspiring speech about how we empower lives with innovative digital financial solutions. "More than individual products, we're enabling a platform to create the vision of the everyday bank," said Arora.
- Special guests – legendary 49ers Ronnie Lott and Dwight Clark – talked about the importance of innovation in competition. According to Lott, a shared vision among teams starts with excellence.
- SVP of Products Eric Connors presented The Future of Yodlee Solutions. According to Connors, we’re investing in the best data possible, creating the best financial APIs, establishing great user experiences, driving fintech innovation broadly, and delivering unique data analytics.
- Wayne Busch, MD of North American Banking at Accenture talked about Banking 2020: The Future of Banking. According to Busch, convergent disruption is leading to structural changes in banking.
- Yodlee Interactive customer panel speakers discussed top trends driving fintech globalization and innovation. This included experts from GoDaddy, Xignite, Xero, Silicon Valley Bank and Yodlee Interactive. According to panelists, some of the next big changes in fintech are the banking infrastructure, user experience (for small businesses and consumers), and business infrastructure as a service.
- Logan LaPlante, a brilliant 15 year old (generation Z) also spoke about innovation. His TEDx talk on Hackschooling is the 2nd most popular in the world with over 8.3 million views. According to LaPlante, hacking his education allows him to achieve a happy and healthy life.
- Stephane Dubois, CEO of Xignite talked about what’s fueling fintech –including economical factors, technological factors and social factors. Dubois indicates that government and banking regulations have created more opportunities for innovation. As shown on the right, VentureScanner's Fintech sector map illustrates 12 areas of fintech innovation such as lending, personal finance, and payments.
We also hosted several breakout sessions based on attendee’s interest:
- Patrick Giamanco, VP of Customer Success at Yodlee Interactive discussed how to create kick ass apps: the next generation of fintech innovation. Check out examples of customer success stories here.
- Katy Gibson, VP of Product Applications at Yodlee, shared how financial institutions can optimize the user journey to financial wellness through data analytics and behavioral design.
- Jeanine Swatton, Director of Developer Evanglism discussed The Power of API. Panelists included founders of Voatz, Sway (winner of CapitalOne Hackathon), NowKash, and Pavilion.io.
- Lori Martel, VP Platform Product Management and Michael Gallagher, Senior Director, Product Manager of Payments shared how financial institutions drive customer engagement with actionable data.
Overall, we had an amazing time hearing from experts and connecting with customers and guests at Yodlee Innovation Nation. We also offered three giveaways: personally signed footballs from Ronnie Lott and Dwight Clark! Feel free to view photos and connect @Yodlee @YIDeveloper on Twitter for live updates from the event. To learn more about how we power digital financial services, contact us here. We look forward to hearing from you!